Last updated: January 02, 2024
Effective Date: April 1, 2023
If you are a resident of California, please see the California Privacy Rights section of this Policy for additional disclosures and information regarding your rights.
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to all communications connected to this Site and governs data collection, usage, sharing, and protections afforded to communications connected to the Site. This Policy does not apply to:
- Personal Information collected by third parties, including third-party content that may be link to or be accessible from or through our Site;
- any information that is publicly available; or
- data made anonymous through techniques such as anonymization or by aggregating customer data so that the data cannot be linked to or associated with a specific consumer; and
- data that is excluded from the scope of applicable privacy laws.
This Policy applies to the following categories of users. You may fall into one or more of these categories depending on how you use our Site and your relationship with VFP.
- Providers. This category includes users that interact with the Site in their capacity as providers (or prospective providers) of products or services to VFP.
- Patients. This category includes users that interact with the Site in their capacity as purchasers of products or services from VFP.
- Visitors. This category includes any user of the site that is not a Provider or Patient.
This Policy is designed to assist you in understanding our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully in order to fully understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information, including how we will treat and safeguard it. If you do not agree with our policies or practices, it is your choice to not use our Site, and to not send us any Personal Information.
THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME AS NECESSARY. MATERIAL CHANGES WILL BE VISIBLY POSTED ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE COMMUNICATED TO YOU. ALL CHANGES WILL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING TO OUR SITE.
MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
We are committed to protecting the online privacy of minors. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. However, our Site is not intended for minors under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our site or send us any information about you.
If we learn that we have collected or have received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via our contact us link located at the bottom of this webpage.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers: name, address, telephone number, email address, age, date of birth, driver’s license number, username and authentication credentials, and IP address.
- Customer Records (as described under Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)): name, address, telephone number, email address, age, date of birth, driver’s license number, preferred language, username and authentication credentials, IP address, and calls to the service line or nurse.
- Commercial Information: products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, payment information, and transaction history.
- Internet or other Electronic Information: computer Internet Protocol (IP) address; unique device identifier (UDID), e.g., MAC address; Cookies and other data linked to a device; real time location via GPS; and data about usage of the VFP services and communications.
- Geolocation Information: physical location information through the use of the VFP services, including precise geolocation information.
- Audio, Electronic, and Visual Information. Audio, electronic, and video recordings.
- Sensitive Personal Information. Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, and information about your health, sex life and sexual orientation.
- Biometric Information. Voice recordings and photographs.
- Health Information: information regarding your health, fertility journey, clinic name, doctor or other medical provider name, treatment start date, pharmacy location, and medications.
We do NOT directly collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Credit Card or Financial Data: VFP does not directly collect or store your credit card number or other payment information, but rather uses a third-party payment processor,
Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”), to process payments for all services as contemplated in our Terms of Service. Accordingly, Stripe will collect your contact information when you pay for services or receive payment for services, as the case may be, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and mailing address. Your billing information is also collected and stored by Stripe, Inc. If you are paying by bank debit or credit card, Stripe will collect your credit card number, expiration, three-digit security code and billing zip code. Stripe will share your transaction information with us so that we can track payment status for the Service but will not provide us your card or banking information. Stripe will retain your payment information in encrypted form on its servers. We do not collect or store your card or bank information on our servers. Stripe’s privacy policies can be found at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- Employment Application Data. The VFP services do not directly collect or store employment application data. VFP recruiting website is administered and controlled by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (“ADP“). ADP’s privacy policies can be found at: https://www.adp.com/privacy.
CATEGORIES OF SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information VFP may collect about you comes from a variety of sources. Information You Provide Directly to Us.
We collect Personal Information that you provide directly to us. Personal Information is required to use certain Site features, for example, to purchase products or services, contact us via email, phone, or our Contact Us forms including our 24/7 nurse contact forms (where we may retain the content of your message and our response), submit job application materials, receive, or request data from us (e.g., catalogs and newsletters), and respond to communications from us (e.g., surveys).
Information from Third Parties.
We obtain data about individuals from various third-party companies and public sources, and we may combine that data with Personal Information or other data we collect. This enhances our existing data about our users, improves our ability to contact you, and enhances our marketing capabilities.
Information from Automatically Collected Data.
We automatically collect certain information from you when you access our Site. We may collect data about how you use (i) your online account, and (ii) the Site when you are logged into your account. We may combine data automatically collected from you with other Personal Information about you.
VFP and its partners may use automated technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to enhance your experience on our Site. We use these technologies to help us better understand your behavior, to customize the look of our website, and to recognize you when you return to our Site.
These technologies help us to facilitate and improve effectiveness and usability of the Site and its content, navigation, and search features.
Specific technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit VFP, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use Google Analytics to collect and process information about your use of the Site. Google sets cookies on your browser or device, and then your web browser will automatically send information to Google. Google uses this information to provide us with reports that we use to better understand and measure how users interact with our Site. We may also implement additional add
Online Behavioral Advertising.
We use third parties and/or service providers to provide interest-based advertising services. These services may serve advertisements on our behalf that are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to websites (including this Site) over time and across different websites. The data collected may be associated with your Personal Information. These advertisements may appear on the Site and on other websites and may be sent to you via email.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads or to obtain more information about ad networks and online behavioral advertising, visit National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads. Opting out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of all ads, just those targeted to you.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you have previously provide to us.
BECAUSE OF THE AUTOMATED COLLECTION OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR DATA, WE DO NOT HONOR NOR TRACK REQUESTS AT THIS TIME.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
VFP uses your Personal Information only: (i) for the purposes stated at the point of collection; (ii) to provide the VFP services to you; and (iii) to help us improve the delivery and quality of our services.
We may use Personal Information for the purposes stated or agreed-to (or as is obvious) at the point of collection. For example, we use Personal Information to respond to your questions, comments, or complaints. We may also use Personal Information as requested or consented to by you. We (or our third-party service providers on our behalf) use the above categories of Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Complying with Legal Obligations: To comply with applicable law or legal process served on us.
- Service fulfillment: To provide you the products, services, or information that you may have requested; to display individual pricing information to you; and to provide you access, and management and application options.
- Business Communications: To communicate with you relating to changes in policies, notice of account expiration, to provide you with any information, for marketing and advertising purposes, or to reply to any inquiry you have sent to us.
- Rights Enforcement: To protect our property and rights including enforcement of our property and rights.
- Research: To review survey and research data and insight on how users perceive our services or products.
- Record Keeping: To keep accurate and up to date records of individuals who access, visit, purchase, or otherwise interact with our services and offerings.
- Maintenance: To operate or conduct maintenance and repair of our equipment or to detect, prevent and/or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Validation of Submitted Information: To verify the authenticity and accuracy of any Personal Information submitted directly to us.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
To carry out the purposes listed above, your information may be disclosed to personnel at VFP, as well as to certain categories of recipients, including our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advisors, and relevant third parties that provide services to VFP or on our behalf. We require any individual or organization to whom we disclose Personal Information to keep the information confidential, safeguarded using industry standard technical measures, and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
This includes a disclosure of your Personal Information:
- To third party partners who may market to you (if you have consented to these disclosures), third party partners who may need to verify the accuracy of Personal Information, or other third parties necessary to provide services that you have consented to.
- To provide the services we are providing to you.
- To the extent required by relevant law, we may be obligated to disclose Personal Information to government authorities or to third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal processes.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of VFP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by VFP about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To protect our company when disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VFP, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DE-IDENTIFIED OR AGGREGATED INFORMATION
VFP may use Personal Information to create aggregated and deidentified data sets. VFP may collect, use, disclose, share, transfer, and otherwise process de-identified and aggregated information that it receives or creates for any purposes in its sole discretion, in compliance with applicable laws. We are the sole and exclusive owner of such de-identified and aggregated information.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
8.1 Choice to Not Provide Personal Information.
You are not required to provide any or all of the Personal Information identified in this Policy. However, certain functionality and services
will not be available if you do not provide certain Personal Information. If you do not provide certain Personal Information, we may not be able to respond to your request, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing or communications that we believe you would find valuable.
8.2 Marketing Communications.
If you previously opted in to receive electronic marketing communications from us, and no longer wish to receive this type of communication from us, you may opt out of such emails by using the unsubscribe link in the email. Opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of communications related to transactions that you enter into with us and related transactional communications.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to meet the purpose for which we collect it and to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
VFP recognizes that residents in California may have additional rights available to them, as described below. In the event of a conflict between this Section and the remainder of this Policy, this Section shall take precedence for California residents. In this Section only, any capitalized terms not defined in this Policy have the meanings set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended, and including its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
12.1 Categories of Personal Information Collected.
We have collected the categories of Personal Information described in Section 3 “Categories of Personal Information We Collect” in the preceding 12 months.
12.2 Sources of Personal Information.
The categories of sources from which your Personal Information is collected is described above in Section 4 “Categories of Sources of Personal Information”.
12.3 Purpose for Collecting Personal Information.
The business and commercial purpose for why we collect Personal Information is described above in Section 5 “Why We Collect Your Information”.
12.4 Disclosing Your Personal Information.
In the last 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of Personal Information identified in Section 3 “Categories of Personal Information We Collect” with the categories of third parties outlined in Section 6 “How We Disclose Your Information” for the business purposes described in Section 5 “Why We Collect Your Information”.
12.5 Sale or Sharing of Personal Information.
We have not sold Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration or shared Personal Information to any third party for cross-context behavioral advertising in the 12 months preceding the Effective Date of this Policy. We also do not have actual knowledge that we “Sell” or “Share” Personal Information of any individual under the age of 16.
12.6 Sensitive Personal Information.
We do not use Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than that purpose reasonably anticipated to accomplish the business purpose for which it is collected.
12.7. Consumer Rights.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to make the following types of requests below at no charge:
- Request to Delete: The right to request deletion of Personal Information we have collected and to have such Personal Information deleted, subject to certain exemptions.
- Request for Information: As a California resident, you also have the right to know what Personal Information (as applicable) we have collected about you, including:
– Categories of Personal Information collected about you;
– Categories of sources from which your Personal Information has been collected; – Our business and/or commercial purposes for collecting your information, or for selling or sharing Personal Information;
– Categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed or shared Personal Information; and
– The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Request to Correction: The right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information. • Right to No Discrimination or Retaliation: You also have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment or retaliation if you elect to exercise the above rights.
Submitting a Verifiable Request. You may make your verifiable request by calling our main line at 877-334-1610, or, by submitting a request online at this website https://www.vfppharmacygroup.com/contact-us/. Alternatively, you may fax the request: 877- 334-1602
Who May Exercise Your Rights. You may request the above on behalf of yourself or on behalf of a minor if you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor. In addition, you may authorize an agent to exercise your rights on your behalf, if you provide the agent with written signed permission.
Verification of Your Request. Once we receive your request, we will contact you to confirm receipt of your request. We will require sufficient information from you in order to verify your identity and the authenticity of your request. If you do not provide us with sufficient information, we may request additional information to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Certain types of requests may require additional verification, as we are subject to higher standards of authentication for such requests.
If an authorized agent contacts us to exercise the above rights, we will need to verify their identity as well as your identity. We will also require proof of your written authorization to the agent to act on your behalf, unless the agent holds a lawful Power of Attorney under applicable laws, in which case we will require evidence of such Power of Attorney.
We may deny your request as permitted or as required by law and we may charge a fee to process or respond to your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
Retention. We may retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law and as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations.
If you have any questions, complaints, about our Site or any questions regarding this Policy or the security of our Site please contact us with your name and contact information via:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax: 877-334-1602